RAVENOL SLS 75W-140 LS Performance Gear Oil is a synthetic multi-grade gear oil for manual transmissions and rear axles, especially where Limited Slip properties are needed. The formulation is based on a blend of high quality PAO synthetic base oils together with special additives and inhibitors to ensure the best possible performance even in extreme conditions.
RAVENOL SLS 75W-140 LS is a high-performance transmission oil suitable for use in Limited Slip differentials as required by many high performance vehicle manufacturers such as Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes-Benz, It's wide-ranging capabilities make it also suitable for highly-loaded hypoid axle and spur and bevel gears and gearboxes in vehicles and machinery. Particularly suitable for applications which require highly-loaded Limited Slip (LS) capabilities, such as found in motorsport and high performance track-day environments.
Stuart Newby from UK-based TEGSport commented “We have been using RAVENOL oils since last year, and are very impressed – we recently stripped a customer’s gearbox which had run on RAVENOL 75w-140 Gear Oil and were pleased to find no evidence of wear at all, even the dog rings were completely unmarked after a seasons’ work, something we have not seen before.”
RAVENOL SLS 75W-140 LS meets and exceeds the following specifications:
API GL-5 + LS; MIL-L-2105 D
- Exceptional levels of protection against wear
- Consistent, stable lubricating film even under highest loads
- Very high levels of protection against corrosion and foam formation
- Improved fuel economy capability even during short distances in low temperatures
- Excellent cold flow behaviour promotes improved gearshift efficiency
- Compatible with all non-ferrous components
- Very high oxidation resistance prevents oil thickening and deposits
- Very good elastomer compatibility, to avoid leakages and excellent EP characteristics